Nourishing Your Inner Kingdom Smoothie
Your inner kingdom, your microbiome, your gut symbiosis, these are all different words for the same thing. How healthy your inner world is depicts what shows up health wise in your outer world.
Keeping your gut healthy and happy is one of the big secrets to good digestion, glowing skin and increased energy.
The more easy ways you have to incorporate recipes that reestablish a healthy intestinal flora, the better. Having a smoothie loaded with beneficial microbes is a daily addition to your diet that will get you awesome results over time. I know personally I can’t go without my gut smoothie a day. I find the biggest thing that changes is my mood. Gut health is directly linked to mood and brain health.
My Favorite Gut Health Smoothie Ingredients
● Ground flax - high in fiber and has a mucosal effect in the gut
● Kefir or water kefir - contains diverse unique bacteria strains different from yogurt
● Coconut yogurt or regular plain organic yogurt - high in beneficial bacteria
● Berries - tasty, high in healthy fiber and antioxidants
● Flax seed oil - for its ability to help lubricate the intestinal tract
● Cod liver oil - for omega-3 and gut nourishing enzymes
● Cinnamon - for its blood sugar stabilizing effects
● Green Banana - for its prebiotic power
Put these together and you’ve got yourself a super powerful smoothie for helping your gut get strong and healthy. And in turn you help your whole body, and that’s what holistic health is all about!
Inner Kingdom Smoothie
1 ½ Cups dairy free milk
½ Cup kefir or yogurt
1 Cup frozen mixed berries
1 Tablespoon ground flax seeds
½ tsp cinnamon
1 Tablespoon your preferred oil - flax, Udo’s oil or cod liver oil
Handful of your favorite greens- spinach, kale, mixed greens
If you enjoyed this recipe and you are seriously interested in getting healthy, restoring your digestion and boosting your energy then check out my new 8 week program Restore your Gut Health, details here.
Or join me on my Facebook page where I’ll be sharing more information, tips and recipes to help you live a happier, healthier life.
Tina Quinn ~ Certified Fermentationist